DAY 70: ENGAGING THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF DESTINY (2) – 70 DAYS FASTING AND PRAYERS
ENGAGING THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF DESTINY (2)
TUESDAY 30TH OCTOBER, 2018
Texts: 2 PETER 1:3; 1 CORINTHIANS 2:9
Fulfillment is God’s will for all who serves Him. God wants us to be fulfilled in all we do in life. He desires that we live a fulfilled life here on earth and thereafter in His kingdom; but the devil doesn’t want that for us. From scriptures, we understand that every child of God has a great and a glorious destiny in Christ. As we all know, something is said to be glorious when it is outstanding, magnificent, distinguished, celebrated and splendid. That means, our destinies are not just any kind; but an enviable one. Therefore, our calling into the faith is unto glory and honour, not to shame, frustration and reproach (2 Peter 1:3; 1 Corinthians 2:9).
The Scripture gives a graphic picture of our glorious destiny in Romans 8:3. As it is written: Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
However, we understand that, no matter how great and valid a vision is, it will require the ministry of the Holy Spirit for full delivery. This is because there is no breakthrough outside the Holy Spirit and as such every destiny flourishes by His operations (Zechariah 4:6; Luke 24:49; Psalm 92:10-15). Thus, our golden destinies are not deliverable by human efforts and exertion of our might, but by the Holy Spirit. This is why after the angel of the Lord showed Prophet Zechariah the vision of a golden destiny, he (the angel) said: …Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts (Zechariah 4:6).
Furthermore, every great destiny has its foundation in the Holy Spirit. We have diverse scriptural examples of men who commanded exploits by the help of the Holy Ghost and as such they were able to fulfill their glorious destinies. Moreover, Daniel became the envy of his generation as a result of the Spirit of God in Him.
This helps us to understand that although every child of God is ordained to have a glorious destiny, he must be empowered to fulfill it. According to scriptures, it is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing and this is why the body is helpless without the Spirit (John 6:63; James 2:26). Therefore, it is not just a must to be born again, it is equally a must to be filled with the Holy Spirit, otherwise, our destinies may be vulnerable to shame and reproach (Joel 2:23-27; Isaiah 61:1-7). That means without the help of the Holy Spirit, our glorious destiny is not in view. This is why it is important to understand how the Holy Spirit empowers us to fulfill destiny.
1. Father, we thank you for it is your will that we live a fulfilled life
2. In the name of Jesus, I destroy every witchcraft power working against my destiny
3. In the name of Jesus, I destroy every incantation, ritual and witchcraft power against my destiny
4. Father, I reject every rearrangement of my destiny by household wickedness
5. In the name of Jesus, I silence every power assigned to put me to shame in life
6. In the name of Jesus, I arrest every spirit of failure attacking my destiny
7. In the name of Jesus, I destroy every force of frustration operating in my life
8. In the name of Jesus, I arrest every power of darkness manipulating my destiny
9. In the name of Jesus, I arrest every power of darkness manipulating Nigeria destiny
10. Powers attacking my fulfillment in life, be destroyed
11. I decree and declare, I shall fulfill my days and destiny